Using alembic caches in Blender
When using Alembic files with Blender, please follow these steps to make sure they are set up correctly:
1. On your computer, copy the abc files in the same folder as the .blend file
2. In the blend file, locate each modifier that uses alembic and replace the absolute path to the abc file with a relative path. For example, if the abc file is named mycache.abc, the relative path in this case would be //mycache.abc
3. Save the blend file
5. Create a folder
6. Upload both the blend file and the abc files in this folder
7. Go to the add render job page
and locate the uploaded blend file in the list of files at the bottom of the page
8. Click the blend file in the list to select it, then click the "select file" button under the file list
9. In the next page set the render parameters as you do with the web uploaded files
Using MDD, PC2, VDB and Alembic cache files with Blender on RenderStreet
MDD, PC2, VDB and ABC cache files are supported on RenderStreet. The easiest way to upload them to the farm is by using our Blender addon. The addon automatically collects these files and uploads them to our servers. If you do not wish to use the ...
Using external files (MDD, Alembic) with Modo
MDD and Alembic cache files are supported on RenderStreet. Normally, they should be collected by Modo during the consolidate process and added to the 'imported_images' folder along with all other assets. In some cases, though, they are not. If your ...
How baking works with Blender on RenderStreet
In Blender, you can apply multiple physics attributes to objects. Some of them need baking in order to work. Please read below for the specific instructions for each type of baking and don't forget to read the important notes at the end of the ...
How to pack your Blender file for uploading
You can upload your files to RenderStreet either packed or unpacked. Read below for instructions applicable to each case. These instructions only apply if you wish to upload the project manually, via FTP, cloud transfer or directly to our website. If ...
Uploading your project using FTP
In order to use FTP upload on RenderStreet, please follow these steps: 1. Connect your FTP client to our FTP server by using the credentials shown in the storage location page in your account. Important: please make sure to use the correct host ...