Texture baking is supported on RenderStreet, via the BakeTool
add-on developed by Cogumelo Softworks. We chose to support texture baking in this format since we believe that the BakeTool simplifies the process for you and makes it easier to organize your project. This means that in order to bake textures on RenderStreet, you need to have the BakeTool add-on installed and active in your project
before uploading it to our servers. Texture baking is supported only in Blender 2.75 and above.
Because of current incompatibilities between BakeTool for Blender 2.8x and our systems, texture baking in Blender only works with Blender 2.79 at the moment. We are working on adding support for Blender 2.8x as soon as possible.
please make sure to read the FAQ
at the end of this article before uploading your texture bake project on RenderStreet.
In order to bake texture on RenderStreet, you need to follow these steps:
1. Set up your project locally using BakeTool
2. Upload the files with FTP or directly from our Web interface. Note: our plug-in doesn't support texture baking at this moment.
3. Create the job. In the second step of the process (after selecting/uploading the file) you will notice a new box with the bake settings
4. Select the corresponding radio button (as shown in this image) and set the bake job range. The bake jobs are the same ones you have defined in your project with the BakeTool:
5. Launch the job to bake the textures. Important: this job will only bake the textures, and it will not render the scene as well. If you need to render the scene, you need to clone the project and select Still or Animation in this step.
6. When the job is finished, you need to download the texture archive by clicking the 'Download All' link above the frames table in the job details page.
Tip: The bake jobs will be distributed each on a server. If possible, try creating the jobs in a balanced way with approximately the same count/complexity of textures.
Q. Will I be able to bake textures on RenderStreet if I don't use the BakeTool add-on?
A. No, the bake will not work unless your project is set up with BakeTool
Q. Can I bake the textures and render the scene(s) at the same time?
A. No, you need to do this in two separated steps.
Q. Are the textures being baked on several servers at the same time?
A. Yes, we consider each baking job an 'unit' and assign it to a server.
Q. Do you support all features in the BakeTool?
A. Yes, with the exception of automatic UV pack. We are working to make this feature available as well soon.
Q. What version of BakeTool is supported?
A. The currently installed version is 1.4. We will update to newer versions as they are released.